We are looking for an experienced senior machine-learning engineer to work on advancing Samsung Internet’s AI-based capabilities. Being a privacy-focused browser, we aim to develop and use various on-device & in-browser machine learning based solutions which enhances different areas of the browser such as privacy, security & usability. The privacy-preserving AI-based solutions deployed to our Samsung Internet browser would impact the daily browsing experience of millions of existing users.
Samsung Internet is powered by open-source chromium engine, with a huge codebase, primarily written in C++. You are expected to work at the intersection of AI & chromium open source.
Role and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead the design and development of new machine learning based privacy, security and usability features and enhancement of existing AI-based features for Samsung Internet.
• Research and discover new machine learning use cases, which can benefit Samsung Internet users in their day-to-day browsing.
• Translate business problems into machine-learning problems in collaboration with web domain experts and justify the approach with reasoning and data.
• Lead the development of data collection, training, evaluation and deployment pipelines and deliver end-to-end ML-based solution.
• Analyze data collected while using software in actual situation, measuring/inspecting the process and data quality for a ML problem.
• Supervise to develop measures on collecting and managing effective data used for training machine learning algorithm.
• Design suitable machine learning model or algorithm in accordance with the purpose of application that users want.
• Execute performance evaluation strategy to evaluate and maintain the effectiveness of developed application.
• Implementing machine-learning based back-end browser features, hooking in to existing chromium components and/or building new components on top of blink engine and chromium ML stack (primarily C++ & tensorflow-based).
• Understanding of open source chromium design principles for deployment of ML-models and creating the run-time inference pipeline within Samsung Internet’s existing modules.
• Write testable and reproducible code and experiments.
• Lead code reviews and refactoring exercises for ML-based modules.
• Work closely with peers local /remote and build a high a performing team driving ML engineering excellence.
• Lead ML scrum and communicate status, issues and risks on time.
• Mentor and coach the team in resolving technical challenges, skill improvement, and career growth in machine learning domain.
Skills and Qualification Requirements
• Minimum 8+ years of software design and development experience.
• Minimum 5+ years of machine learning solution development experience.
• Excellent understanding of algorithms and data structures.
• Strong analytical, programming and debugging skills
• Strong Python & C++ development skills.
• Good mathematical background and understanding of various concepts: Probability, Statistics, back-propagation, loss functions
• Has a proven track record implementing data driven products, delivering end-to-end machine learning based solutions starting from business problem and a broad understanding of the state of the art in machine learning
• Deep understanding and working knowledge of machine learning algorithms such as Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Naïve Bayes, SVMs, Deep Neural Networks.
• Deep understanding of DNN layers, topologies and popular DNN architectures.
• Good understanding of data analysis, visualization and model debugging techniques.
• Familiarity with NLP.
• Working experience of building and using automation tools to collect data, data pre-processing, labelling, training, validation and deployment.
• Knowledge and working experience with popular ML frameworks such as Scikit Learn, TensorFlow, Keras and Tensorflow Lite.
• Hands-on experience with unit test frameworks, debugging tools with excellent troubleshooting skills
• Understanding and working experience with agile software development process and version control systems such as git.
• Bachelor / master’s in computer science or equivalent field
• Familiarity & working experience with Transformers and other ML-techniques such as RL, Semi-supervised Learning.
• Familiarity & working experience with model compression techniques, on-device AI model deployment and monitoring.
• Working experience with ML-Ops.
• Working experience in Privacy preserving machine learning approaches such as federated learning.
• Knowledge of Android OS and development tools and prior experience of building android apps is required.
• Knowledge of browser architecture and its internals along with prior experience of working for Chromium-based or other web engine-based browsers or middleware.
Skills and Qualifications
• Experienced in working on complex data-related or model-related issues where analyzing situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variables. Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results.
• Experience in managing people with responsibilities including performance assessments, career growth, mentorship etc.
• Strong collaboration skills, working across team and navigating organization is a necessary skill.
ABOUT THE ROLE As one of the worlds leading digital transformation service providers, we are looking to actively expand our...How to apply
About Us: Lovelace AI was born from the desire to apply state of the art AI and systems engineering to...How to apply
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation. The...How to apply
Responsibilities Responsible for successful delivery of MLOps solutions and services in client consulting environments; Define key business problems to be...How to apply
Company Description Job Description Join the team redefining how the world experiences design. Hey, hello, hiya, g’day, mabuhay, kia ora,...How to apply