About CRSA :
The Center for Remote Sensing Applications (CRSA) is a transversal structure within UM6P that aims to develop methods & tools using multi-source remote sensing data in an approach combining remote sensing, process modeling and field measurements. The CRSA intends to conduct innovative applied research in the fields of water, agriculture, and soils to solve the problems of monitoring and sustainable management of natural resources, based on scientific collaborations with high-level international universities. It also aims to provide high quality training programs for future African experts in remote sensing.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled researcher that freshly PhD. graduated to join our team (CRSA of UM6P) for a three-months period and contribute to imaging4Agriculture (Yield gap) project. We are seeking a proficient researcher with expertise in Remote Sensing, Precision Agriculture, and AI to join us. As a researcher, he/she will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals and gain invaluable hands-on experience in cutting-edge research areas.
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team working on yield gap in Africa to conduct research in the integration of Remote Sensing, Precision Agriculture, and AI technologies for yield gap prediction and estimation.
• Crop Mapping combining multisource satellite data and advanced learning algorithms.
• Assist in the development and implementation of AI algorithms and machine learning models to analyze remote sensing and geospatial datasets related yield estimation and land use land cover.
• Contribute to the exploration of AI-driven applications in precision agriculture, such as crop monitoring, and yield prediction.
• Assist in the documentation and communication of research findings through reports, presentations, and internal discussions.
• Engage in active knowledge sharing with team members and contribute to a vibrant research environment.
• Ph.D. in Remote sensing, environmental geoscience, or related field. A candidate willing to defend his PhD thesis within four months can be considered for the job.
• A background in Remote Sensing, Agricultural Engineering, Computer Science, with a focus on AI and its applications in agriculture.
• Familiarity with remote sensing data analysis, image processing, and geospatial data handling.
• Basic programming skills in languages such as Python, R, GEE, or similar for implementing AI models and data analysis.
• Knowledge of machine learning techniques, including deep learning, and their application in agriculture is a plus.
• A proactive and collaborative attitude, with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Good communication skills to effectively contribute to the team and interact with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
• Good publications score in the required disciplines.
– Qualified candidates must submit all application materials (in one pdf file), in English, including:
(1) an updated CV/Resume showcasing relevant educational and research experiences.
(2) A brief cover letter outlining your research interests, relevant skills, and motivation for applying to this position.
(3) Names and contact information of at least two professional references
(4) In case the candidate hasn’t obtained his/her PhD degree, a letter from the thesis director indicating the expected date of the thesis defense (it has to be no more than 3 months).
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
Job Description Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses,...How to apply
Description: Futurewei is expanding leadership in creating innovative networking technologies for 5G and beyond wireless networks. We are seeking summer...How to apply
Aufgaben Are you passionate about the endless possibilities of 3D generative models and neural scene representations? The field is currently...How to apply
Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher in mHealth and AI (Part-Time Temporary) Faculty/Department: Research Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada Application Deadline: April 30,...How to apply
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech...How to apply
Title: Lead Research Engineer – Machine Learning and AI Location: Bangalore, IndiaOrganization: Center for Innovation in Diagnostics, BangaloreMode of employment:...How to apply