Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) is an internationally oriented institution of higher learning, that is committed to an educational system based on the highest standards of teaching and research in fields related to the sustainable economic development of Morocco and Africa. UM6P is an institution oriented towards applied research and innovation. On a specific focus on Africa, UM6P aims to position these fields as the forefront and become a university of international standing.
More than just a traditional academic institution, UM6P is a platform for experimentation and a pool of opportunities for students, professors and staff. It offers a high-quality living and study environment thanks to its state-of-the-art infrastructure. With an innovative approach, UM6P places research and innovation at the heart of its educational project as a driving force of a business model.
In its research approach, the UM6P promotes transdisciplinary, entrepreneurship spirit and collaboration with external institutions for developing up to date science and at continent level to address real challenges.
All our programs run as start-ups and can be self-organized when they reach critical mass. Thus, academic liberty is promoted as far as funding is developed by research teams.
The research programs are integrated from long-term research to short-term applications in linkage with incubation and start-up ecosystems.
About the recruiting Entity :
The Analytics Lab is a laboratory of the Polytechnic University Mohammed6 (Rabat Technopolis site) dedicated to the development of innovative solutions and start-ups around data sciences. The targeted application areas are industry 4.0, agriculture and health.
Job Description :
• Participate in research projects related to data sciences and artificial intelligence as part of a globally diverse team, with the aim of advancing the fields of Industry 4.0 and machine vision.
• Lead research efforts aimed at understanding the meaning and semantics within a diverse range of data sources.
• Lead the identification, proposal, and development of new projects, integrating project management.
• Actively engage in mentoring ALAB’s Ph.D. students and contribute to university teaching activities in collaboration with UM6P partners.
• Explore opportunities for technology transfer, licensing, and startup initiatives, facilitating the integration of ALAB’s intellectual property into commercial products and services.
• Make a significant impact on research communities by producing publications and patents that influence and contribute to the advancement of relevant fields of study.
• Actively contribute to the establishment and growth of collaborative networks with industry partners, fostering mutually beneficial relationships that support both research and business objectives.
The successful candidate is expected to develop an independent and innovative research program aligned with the areas indicated above.
Criteria of the candidate:
• Holds a Ph.D. in data science, artificial intelligence, or image processing, coupled with several years of hands-on experience in research projects related to Industry 4.0 and machine vision. This experience should reflect a strong background in the application of advanced technologies to industrial settings.
• Proven ability to perform multidisciplinary research and contribute to funded research programs.
• Good English communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Productive scientist (H-index >=4).
• Independent thinking and innovative ideas.
• Collaborative attitude in different fields (computer vision, precision agriculture, data sciences).
• Ability to mentor and guide junior researchers, fostering a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment.
• Engaged in professional networks and communities, demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning and knowledge exchange.
• Active participation in relevant conferences, workshops, and industry events, showcasing a commitment to thought leadership in the field.
• Collaborative mindset, with a proven ability to establish and nurture partnerships with industry leaders, academia, and research institutions.
NO NEED TO PREDICT THE FUTURE. YOU CAN CREATE IT. SHARE YOUR PASSION. World-leading technologies don’t make it into a...How to apply
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure...How to apply
Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term) Job Description: BlackBerry® is a transformed company. Today, BlackBerry provides intelligent security software and services to...How to apply
Zendesk is currently hiring a Machine Learning Scientist About: Zendesk’s people have one goal in mind: to make Customer Experience...How to apply
General Information Req # WD00060887 Career area: Research/Development Country/Region: United States of America State: Illinois City: Chicago Date: Monday, January...How to apply
Meta was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical...How to apply